Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nail polish organisation and storage - new storage rack!

How do you store your nail polishes? Do you put them in a box and hide them away under the sink? Do you display them loud and proud on your vanity/chest of drawers/some random piece of furniture? Well, you know you have a problem when you require a nail polish storage solution as big as this:


This is meant to be an OPI nail polish rack, as you can see it fits 13 OPI nail polishes perfectly on each shelf. My bf being the kind and creative man that he is, decided to build one for me because I don't like to keeping my polishes hidden. I think it makes me buy more because I don't realise how much I have. I'm not sure this is going to help me though, I go 'ooooh space for more OPI' :-D This is rather loosely based off another nail polish rack I spied online, I'll be darned if I can remember where, you'd think I would have book marked it!

Anyway, I decided to start with the OPI and try to somewhat colour co-ordinate my collection:


Purples first of course :-) Then I decided to build from the ground up and fill with other random nail polish brands that I have, but of course if I have more OPI, the others will be moved off elsewhere. I did mention that I may need a second rack and the bf was just :-| hehe.

I have noticed that some people colour co-ordinate polish regardless of brand but I prefer to keep the different brands separate. The OPI looks too nice all lined up together. And also shocking how many unopened Sephoras there are, but my excuse is that I have mini bottles of those... oh and I have no idea where to put the mini boxes of polishes! I also need to get rid of one Essie polish so it all fits nicely on one row... or buy a lot more :-D I think I know which way I'll be going there. Sigh.

10 comments:

  1. OMG wow!!!!! That is incredible. And I'm jealous that you got the soho polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe when you can't decide on one, get both I say :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the second opi color on the second shelf called?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the original holographic version of My Private Jet :-) The new formula is on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to buy more Essie! Ha. I'm trying to convince my husband to build me one. I'm not sure he's on board though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kaki, sadly the Essie has moved to the drawer so I can fit all my OPIs on this shelf :P I know, I really need another shelf, where is my handyman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at www.trendwall.at :-) Online Shop for a Nailpolish Storage

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is really nice to see this nail polish storage rack and its a good creativity. This Storage Rack holds multiple nail polish items, so that it looks compact and provides spacious look to your place. Normally storage racks are used in business industries and nowadays it has become popular in using homes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...