Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Egg Basket Nail Art!

Happy Easter everyone! Woo! One of my favourite holidays. It's cute, it's pastel, it's springy, it encourages us to eat lots and lots of choccy and to celebrate we have Easter egg basket nail art:


So I figured I had done everything leading up to Easter in terms of nail art - bunnies, chickens, eggs... time to conclude with some cute baskets of eggs. And while it was a bit of effort, it was actually not that complicated. I'll take you through some progress shots. First I started off with a blue base which was OPI What's With The Cattitude layered with something very special and have been dying to share: Deborah Lippmann's Glitter In The Air:


Every since I saw the Deborah Lippmann polish go up on the website I was looking for it. Finally got a hold of it and have been waiting for the right look to use it. I think it's very pretty when layered over blue.


Once the base was dry I drew the outline of the basket with Essie Mink Muffs, filled the middle of the basket with Essie Chips No Potatoes and when that was dry, did the basket weave pattern inside.


The thumb is usually the 'trial' nail so I used OPI Flashbulb Fuchsia to draw a bow then drew three eggs in the basket using OPI Rumple's Wiggin', OPI Fiercely Fiona and Essie French Affair (shown left to right).


Decided that looked ok so decorated the eggs with white polka dots, blue stripes and pink zigzags and added some grass using a combination of Essie's Pretty Edgy and OPI Gargantuan Green Grape. Then I drew the baskets on the other fingers and did the same as what was on the thumb nail.


Whew what a lot of polishes! FYI the egg polka dots were China Glaze Snow, the stripes Essie Coat Azure and the zigzags Essie Splash of Grenadine. And I think that's it! Whew.


Close up of the thumb above. Excuse my icky dry fingers. You don't put a lot of hand care effort in when you're coughing all over place :-P


Aren't these cuuuuute? I bought some baskets because I think I'm going on an Easter Egg hunt tomorrow :-) They are from a dollar shop so they weren't very expensive but I couldn't decide between the two so I got both. And a little basket to carry around with me on my hunt. Someone my age can still go on Easter Egg hunts right? Hehe. Well I hope you enjoyed this look and that you're having an awesome Easter long weekend (we get 5 days with Anzac Day Tuesday so woohoo :-) Until next time my lovelies...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you!
    Your designs have such fine detail. Do you use special brushes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soo cute! I'd also like to know what tools you used for the detail. Hope you feel better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :-D Would you believe I'm only using one brush? It's the white nail art brush used in this post.

    I just keep cleaning the same brush and work it into a fine point if I need to do some really small details. It doesn't always work :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would like to feature your nail art picture for our photo gallery on www.ivillage.ca
    Please let us know your response on
    kavita.dadhe@corusent.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...