Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tare panda nail art

Hey everyone! I thought I'd add some cuteness after the Halloween posts and do a San-x nail art. You might have heard of tare panda, if not here is some panda nail art :-D


Now here's the sad part. I took the photo above the day after I did these nails - after I realised I had my camera settings not quite right. I had the ISO pumped up (from when I was doing those glow in the dark shots in my last post) so the pictures below are horrible. I went from 0 to rage in about 2 seconds as soon as I saw these photos :-P Probably shouldn't do nail art at midnight when sleep deprived... Anyway, I hope you can still see what I was trying to do here!


So for the base I used MAC Ice Cream Cake, it's a lovely bright pink and I love painting my nails with this colour. Despite the crappy brush. I persist due to it's awesomeness.


Now for the thumb I went for the traditional lazy tare panda look where he's all flat and on the ground. I didn't have the space for the other nails so I decided to draw him standing up. He doesn't come out as 'tare panda' looking on the nails standing up like he does lying flat on the thumb nail, so I'm a little sad about that. But to start off with I figured out how I was going to paint them by drawing outlines on paper, which happened to also be a shopping list:


So with that top design in mind I started with an outline and filled:


Didn't fill the feet in totally as it was going to get filled in with black but I wanted an outline to 'colour in'. The white I used was OPI Alpine Snow.


Then I used a black polish to colour in the paws and ears (OPI I Only Date Werewolves).


Followed by the eyes and black around the neck.


Then instead of doing faint outlines of white for the eyes I dotted with white, and dotted smaller inside the white with black. I cleaned up the black a little and fixed some of the neck lines and voila! All done!


Weee my panda on the top of the panda pile! I have a few tare panda things, mostly letter sets and paper but I also have this plushie:


Cute! Well I hope you enjoyed the look and like tare panda as much as I do! I'm off to Brisbane *again* this weekend, so have an awesome weekend everyone and I'll see you next time!

7 comments:

  1. Soooo cute, I love the picture with your thumb and the paper pandas stacked together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very beautiful nail design! Thanks for sharing. Don't you think it's worth posting these photoss on Instagram? After all, this social network is now very popular. By the way, I advise you to use https://viplikes.net/ in order to quickly increase the number of followers and promote your account to the top.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Tera! Hehe I like that one too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy Brisbane! I'm having QLD withdrawals at the moment, cos the Melbourne weather has been TERRIBLE lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brisbane was fantastic! The weather wasn't humid like the weekend before. But I know that won't last as the wet season approaches - every time I go home for xmas it's pouring rain or cyclonic :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. where do you get the paper of the pandas, and where do you get the nail polish picture saying that leanne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne, I collected a variety of san-x paper/letter sets/stickers over the years. I used to be able to find them in gift stores in Chinatown, maybe Morning Glory although I think they focus on their own characters nowadays. Otherwise, there's san-x on ebay! As for the nail polish picture, the little pixel one - I drew that myself! Hope that helps

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...